Design Incubation and its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates (collectively, "Design Incubation Social," "our," "us," or "we") operate websites, provide products and services through mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as "site(s)," "service(s)," or "our sites and services."
1. Personal Information We Collect Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites and services, depending on the site or service, we may ask for the following personal information directly from you:
◦ Contact Information allows us to communicate with you and generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, and/or telephone numbers.
◦ Personal Profile or Service Information helps us with the administration and personalization of your personal profiles or services, such as areas of interest, information from social media interactions (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+), preferences, physical characteristics (such as height, weight), photographs and, biographical, health information and/or demographic information (such as gender).
◦ Geographic Location Information but only if your mobile or other device transmits location data and/or your IP address, and you have activated a location-enabled site or service.
◦ Job-Search-Related Information for recruitment purposes and may include educational and employment background.
◦ Survey Data for functionality of certain services, which generally includes survey data (questions and responses) and may allow you to import email addresses and names for ease of allowing you to send surveys or to allow us to send surveys on your behalf.
◦ Access to Your Data if you are our customer and use certain services, interactive tools or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, then you may elect to download certain installed tools, which may collect and transmit information from your computer system solely relating to the use of the installed tools and for the purpose of providing you with relevant services.
◦ Your Submissions help us with administration of our sites and services and includes any information you voluntarily provide, generally through free form text boxes, forums, uploading a document or authorizing us to retrieve and import information from another user or third party on your behalf.
2. In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it.
3. How We Use Personal Information:We may use information collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
◦ to enable site features such as geographically specific pricing or logging, and retrieving and providing analysis of data you choose to enter into the site,
◦ to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites' and services' terms, conditions, or policies,
◦ to process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, alerting you if we need different or updated payment card information or other communications in connection with processing and collecting payments,
◦ to verify the information you provide through the Site, including income and employment information, in connection with a loan request sent through the Site;
◦ to retain your loan request for the length of time determined by us or by applicable law;
◦ to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience,
◦ to enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels,
◦ to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law,
◦ to meet contractual obligations,
◦ to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins,
◦ to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication,
◦ to manage our sites' and services' administration, forum management, or fulfillment,
◦ to provide customer service and technical support,
◦ to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners,
◦ for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications,
◦ to allow you to apply for a job or sign up for special offers from third parties through our sites,
◦ to help you contact or schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider or legal professional listed in one of our directories and remind you of upcoming or follow-up appointments,
◦ to perform services in conjunction with interactive tools, such as integrating practice management systems, making a referral, sending a prescription to a pharmacy, or sending a test to a clinical laboratory, and
◦ to use anonymized personal information to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
4. In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
5. Sharing Personal InformationWe may share personal information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
◦ We may engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, including maintenance services, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, assisting in marketing efforts, email and text message distribution, customer service, providing certain interactive tools, and conducting surveys and sweepstakes.
◦ When you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through the Site, request a quote or information, request financing, purchase a product or service, or otherwise submit a request through the Site, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the products or services you requested or complete a transaction, including a third party broker, aggregator or other referral service to share and/or sell your information to a lender, dealer or other financial institution in connection with your online request.
◦ We may share your contact data, insurance data, and medical data with healthcare providers you choose to schedule through the services.
◦ Your personal information, and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored as necessary to operate our sites and perform our services, and may be disclosed:
▪ to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
▪ to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
▪ when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
▪ where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
▪ when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
◦ In the event of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, restructure, sale of Internet Brands' assets by or with another company, or a similar corporate transaction takes place, we may need to disclose and transfer all information about you, including personal information, to the successor company.
◦ We may share information about you with Internet Brands' subsidiaries and affiliates and companies acquired by or merged with Internet Brands and its affiliates, including without limitation, to enable such acquired or merged companies to advertise to you products and services in which you may be interested.
◦ We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
8. Accessing and Updating Personal Information We encourage you to keep your personal information updated and accurate. We provide you reasonable access to your personal information and the ability to review, correct, or delete it. For instance, some of our sites and services give you the ability to view and/or edit your personal information online. The methods for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites or services you use and their features. You have several choices; for instance:
◦ To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the web page on our site where you originally submitted the data and follow the instructions on that web page.
◦ You may correct or update your account information at any time by logging on the site onto which you are registered and navigating to your account.
◦ You may deactivate your profile at any time by visiting the preferences page for your profile.
◦ You may close your account at any time by logging onto the site on which you are registered and navigating to your account.
◦ You can manage certain aspects of information collection and use by going to the settings of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application. You may stop further use of your geo-location by visiting your device's settings for the relevant application.
◦ You may change your email preferences at any time by visiting your email preferences page for the relevant site.
◦ To access, change, or remove your protected health information, please see the HIPAA section below.
◦ If you have additional questions about your options contact us at email@example.com.
10. Opting Out of Transactional or Relationship Communications Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being "From" that user. Communications that are sent by us are indicated as being from us or one of our account or support specialists assigned to assist you. Either type of communication may be "real time" communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates, such as appointment reminders. Email communications received from users and our administrative announcements are often transactional or relationship messages, such as appointment requests, reminders and cancellations. You may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain email messages although our services may provide a means to modify the frequency of receiving them. Opting Out of General or Promotional Communications General communications provide information about products, services, and/or support and may include special offers, new product information, or invitations to participate in market research. You may opt out of receiving these general communications by using one of the following methods:
◦ Select the email "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
◦ Please provide your name, relevant contact information, and specific relevant information about your privacy preferences.
11. International Users We are headquartered in the United States. Our sites and services are hosted and administrated in the United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States and are intended for users in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to and stored in the United States and will be subject to U.S. law. U.S. privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws of your country of residence. By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
12. New York Privacy Rights We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure, typically by "opting in" to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our sites, for example. If you ask us to share your personal information with a third party for its marketing purposes, we will only share information in connection with that specific promotion since we do not share information with any third party (other than our service providers) on an ongoing basis. To prevent disclosure of your personal information for use in direct marketing by a third party, do not "opt in" to such use when you provide personal information on one of our sites. Users residing in certain jurisdictions, like New York, have a right to access personal information held by us about them and their right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. New York law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from New York residents asking about the business's practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the resident has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place. New York residents may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to us. When writing to us, you must put the statement "Your New York Privacy Rights" in the body or subject line of your request, and include (i) the name of the site about which you are contacting us, (ii) any unique site identifier associated with you (like member number or forum handle), (iii) your name, and (iv) your contact information. Please submit requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org allow 30 days for a response. We will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Copyright © 2014-2018 Design Incubation All rights reserved.
Design Incubation Social | Communication Design Academic Research Discussion Board, 168 West 123rd Street, #A, New York, New York, 10027